Home  Gallery index  Publications  -  Contact                  On the web 
 
 

 Service history of the F-104G with the RNLAF

The history starts with the fact that Germany needed a replacement for their ageing Sabre, Thunderstreak and Thunderflash aircraft. After considering several European and American types, a redesigned Lockheed F-104C Starfighter was chosen as interceptor, fighter-bomber and reconnaissance -aircraft.

This version of the Lockheed F-104 Starfighter was modified in several ways from its predecessors. The entire fuselage had been strengthened to permit an increased offensive load. This increased weight however did not reduce the fighters performance in any way. Improved avionics also gave it an all-weather capability. The installation of an NASARR radar and firing guidance system and the newest engine-version, the J79GE- 11A made it compatibly with the different role it hat to operate in. Externally, the most noticeable change was the 25% increased vertical tail. This new version the Lockheed Starfighter the F-104G first flew on October 5 1960 .

As more NATO members were looking for a replacement of their ageing fleets of aircraft Lockheed secured a deal with several countries for the licences production of the Lockheed F-104G Starfighter. So a program was established to produce and equip the air forces of Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy and Canada with Lockheed F-104G . Japan also entered the program to produce its own sub version of the Lockheed Starfighter the F-104J.





Delivery to the Royal Netherlands Air Force

Helicopter Force


A total of one hundred and thirty-eight Lockheed F-104G Starfighters where delivered to the Royal Netherlands Air Force (Koninklijke Luchtmacht or KLu) of which twenty-five via Mutual Defence Assistance Programme (MDAP). They were to replace the Republic F-84F/RF-84Fs and Lockheed RT-33As that were serving with the Royal Netherlands Air Force at that moment.

The Royal Netherlands Air Force would have like to obtained more than two-hundred Lockheed F-104G Starfighters however after the support via the MDAP was lowered the order was reduced to hundred and thirty-eight.
The Lockheed F-104G Starfighters delivered to the Royal Netherlands Air Force came from three sources;

All the Lockheed TF-104G where newly built by Lockheed in the USA except built number D-5702. This was the company’s demonstrator aircraft N104L. It was delivered on 30 May1965, and the others Lockheed TF-104G were delivered as air freight between 9 June 1963 and 24 April 1967 receiving serials D-5801 till D-5817.


The twenty-five Lockheed F-104G that where received via the Mutual Defence Assistance Programme where produced by the FIAT group in Italy and resaved serials in the D-6xxx range. These aircraft where delivered in the period between April 1965 and January 1966.

All remaining aircraft where produced by Fokker, receiving serials in the D-8xxxx range. This badge of nighty-five aircraft consisted out of seventy-seven Lockheed F-104G and eighteen Lockheed RF-104G delivered between December 1962 and May 1965.

The first Lockheed F-104G delivered to the Royal Netherlands Air Force where D-8013 and D-8022. Delivered to Twenthe air base on December 12 1962.

In addition, aircraft 8014, 8019, 8020, 8025, 8035 and 8037 from the Fokker production line at one time wore Royal Netherlands Air Force markings prior to delivery to the Luftwaffe.
 

 

In service

Operational history

The Lockheed F-104 Starfighter entered Royal Netherlands Air Force service in December of 1962 with 306 squadron based at Twenthe air base. 306 squadron served as the operational conversion unit for the crews for all the other Royal Netherlands Air Force Starfighter squadrons that were forming at the time.

In January of 1964, 306 squadron converted to the Lockheed RF-104G reconnaissance aircraft, and its responsibility for Starfighter crew training was transferred to the "Dutch Masters" operational conversion unit based at Leeuwarden.

 The Lockheed F-104 Starfighter was operated for most of its service live from two main operating bases within the Royal Netherlands Air Force. In the interceptor role by 322 and 323 squadrons based at Leeuwarden air base. At Volkel air base in the fighter-bomber role with 311 and 312 squadron and in the reconnaissance role by 306 squadron.

During its operational live with the Royal Netherlands Air Force the Lockheed F-104g was never used in anger. In this period the Lockheed F-104G participated in many exercises and there was the QRA responsibility at Leeuwarden for the intercept mission and at Volkel for the nuclear strike mission ( although this has never officially been confirmed).

In the early 1980s, the Royal Netherlands Air Force Starfighters were replaced by the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon. Conversion from the Lockheed F-104 began with the two interceptor squadrons at Leeuwarden air base in 1979 and ended in June of 1984 when 312 squadron stood down as the last operational Lockheed F-104G unit of the Royal Netherlands Air Force e.
 

Show time

 

 

Show aircraft.

During most off its service with the Royal Netherlands Air Force the Lockheed F-104 was not often used as a show aircraft as we know them today although there were some exceptions.

From 1974 till 1980 Hans van der Werf was the official display pilot of the Royal Netherlands Air Force for the Lockheed F-104 in over 120 displays at air shows. Starting his performances in the F-104 on the 65th anniversary of the Royal Netherlands Air Force the Lockheed F-104G D-8091 was decorated with a special tail.

The decorated tail and shark mouth would be a trademark for his epic demo’s in the following years.

Apart from this demo the Lockheed F-104G was not really flown as a display aircraft ,but performance’s where made including a mass fly by at Deelen air base.

 

306 Squadron

 

Squadrons equipped with the F-104 Starfighter

306 squadron

Throughout its existence, 306 Squadron has been the only photo-reconnaissance unit in the KLu, having formed at Volkel on 1 October 1953. Its initial equipment consisted of a dozen reconnaissance conversions from the first batch of F-84E Thunderjets, to which was later added eight similarly reworked F-84G and three RT-33A trainers, with codes commencing at 'TP-1' and 'TP-19' respectively.
The squadron transferred to Laarbruch in September 1954 (via a seven-week period at Buckeburg), receiving twenty new RF-84F Thunder-flashes and a Harvard during 1956-57. These were taken to Deelen in December 1957 and to Twenthe on 1 January 1963, where they were gradually withdrawn during the year.
306 Squadron was chosen as the first KLu Star-fighter unit, and found on its arrival at Twenthe that two aircraft had already been delivered, on 19 December 1962. With pilots already trained at Norvenich by the Luftwaffe's first F-104G unit, WS-10, the squadron began the task of instructing more aircrew in the operation of the new type. The first 27 F-104G were initially delivered to 306 Squadron up to August 1963, but all were later transferred to 322 and 323 Squadrons once personnel had been converted.
The reconnaissance RF-104G commenced deliveries on 13 September 1963, and by January 1964 the squadron had 18 on charge and passed its training role to the OCU (Dutch Masters), also at Twenthe. The base passed from Air Defence to Tactical Air Command on 1 June 1964, and 306 Squadron later moved out to Volkel, where it joined 311/312 Squadrons on 3 September 1969. When the Northrop F-5 was ordered in 1966, original plans called for a quantity of RF-5A examples for 306 Squadron, to allow the Star-fighters to make up attrition losses in other squadrons. Events proved this step unnecessary, and instead losses of RF-104G aircraft were overcome. by fitting an Orpheus reconnaissance pod to standard F-104G Starfighters, and posting them to 306 Squadron. During 1984, 306 Squadron is due to receive Fokker-built F-16A aircraft (presumably designated RF-16A), and as such will be the final operational user of the F-104 in Holland.


 

311 Squadron

 


311 Squadron

In preparation for the arrival of MDAP Thunder-jets, the airfield at Volkel, which had been constructed during the war to house Luftwaffe units, was rebuilt during 1950 and handed over to the Luchtstrijdkrachten (LSK) on 3 April 1951. At this time, four F-84E Thunderjets were on strength, and on 1 May these formed 311 Squadron, with 'PP- ' codes. Deliveries progressed slowly, and by September 18 had been delivered. Seven transferred to 312 Squadron in January 1952, but between April and June 311 Squadron re-equipped with the F-84G (serials K-22 to K-40), and their remaining E variants were withdrawn for conversion to reconnaissance configuration.
Thunderstreaks began to arrive in Holland in mid-1955, and once they had been assembled the first batch was handed over by the US Ambassador on 9 December, with 311 Squadron as the recipient. In the days of the Thunderjet, 311 Squadron had flown an aerobatic team, the 'Skyblazers', only a few months after receiving their first aircraft, and this precedent was followed by the 'Dash 4' team, established early in 1956. The four aircraft gave their first public display at an open day at Soesterberg, and later in the year went on to win an aerobatic competition at Las Vegas, Nevada.
With the exception of the British and American air forces, the remainder of NATO's aircraft strength was restricted to operations in the conventional role. However, on 1 July 1960, 311 Squadron became the first tactical nuclear strike unit outside of these two air arms, carrying the atomic weapon in place of one external fuel tank for release in a LABS manoeuvre.
Retirement for the Thunderstreaks was signalled by the arrival of the first Starfighters at Volkel in June 1964; 311 Squadron, once equipped, continued its nuclear strike role, but in 1968 a shift in NATO defence thinking from 'Single Strike' to 'Flexible Response' dictated the addition of conventional attack to the squadron's responsibilities. At the same time, 311 joined with its sister squadron 312 in a central servicing arrangement, with the result that aircraft of the two units carry joint markings, The General Dynamics F-16 is in prospect for both squadrons during the eighties.
 

312 Squadron


312 Squadron

The second Thunderjet squadron in the Luchtstrijdkrachten, 312 formed on 1 December 1951 and its first seven aircraft transferred from 311 Squadron, also at Volkel, the next month. The code letters 'DU- ' were allocated to the new equipment, together with the radio call sign 'Bonzo'. G versions of the Thunderjet soon arrived with 312 Squadron and remained in use until 1956.
On 3 April 1956, the squadron made its first F-84F Thunderstreak flight and returned its 'Jets to the USAF. Together with its sister squadron, 311 it formed a joint aerobatic team which existed until 1958.
Following the absorption of 313 Squadron into the Jachtvliegeropleiding (JVO), the F-84F Operationele Conversie Curses (Operational Conversion Course) was transferred to 312 Squadron in January 1959, where it remained until October 1961, when 315 Squadron took on the task.
Having previously been one of the first squadrons to accept any new equipment, 312 was the last KLu unit to convert to the Starfighter (mostly second-hand examples from other units), and transferred its last 'Streaks to Eindhoven on 1 December 1965. The squadron achieved full strength in January 1966, and its Starfighters operate in the strike role. They are themselves due for replacement by the F-16 in the early eighties. Central servicing at Volkel has resulted in all the based
aircraft carrying both 311 and 312 Squadron badges, respectively on the left and right of their vertical tail surfaces.



 

322 squadron

 


322 Squadron

During the first year of the Second World War, Dutch pilots escaped to France and the UK. Some of them ended up in 167 (Gold Coast) Squadron. When B-flight almost solely consisted of Dutch pilots, the squadron was re-designated 322 (Dutch) Squadron Royal Air Force on June 12, 1943, mostly at the initiative of His Royal Highness Prince Bernhard. At that time, the squadron was stationed in Woodvale — near Liverpool — but the squadron operated from several other bases. British bases: Hawkinge, Acklington, Hartford Bridge, West Malling, Deanland, Biggin Hill, Dutch bases: Woensdrecht, Schijndel, Twenthe and German fields: Varrelbusch and Wunstorf.

At all locations, the squadron operated the same type of aircraft: the famous Spitfire. The operational tasks were not that one-sided: escorting bombers en route to France, intercepting V-1 rockets, supporting operations in France and supporting troops on the ground.

322 Squadron also participated in the Battle of Arnhem and the air fights in the corridor in the province of Brabant, Netherlands. In this period the squadron lost 18 members; their names are still mentioned on the squadron's list of honor.

On January 3, 1945, 322 Squadron was transferred to the Netherlands for the first time to Woensdrecht Air Base, in the already liberated part of the country. In October 1945 322 Squadron was deactivated but after the war, in September 1947 the squadron — still operating the Spitfire — was sent to the Dutch Indies, to bases in Kalidjati and Kalibanteng. In October 1949 the squadron was moved back to the Netherlands and was again deactivated. In 1951 322 Squadron was reactivated and moved to Twenthe Air Base, still operating the Spitfire. Later, the squadron was moved to Soesterberg Air Base. The Spitfire was replaced by the Gloster Meteor in July 1952 and the Hawker Hunter in January 1958.

In October 1960 the squadron was moved to the tropics once again — to New Guinea — for air defense tasks. After its return to the Netherlands in 1962 the squadron was deactivated for the third time. In April 1964 322 Squadron was reactivated again and transferred to its current location Leeuwarden Air Base as an air defense squadron, operating the Lockheed F-104. With the decommissioning of the F-104, an era of almost 30 years of pure air defense came to an end. A few years after the last F-104 had left the squadron, 322 became operational on the Lockheed Martin F-16 on May 1, 1981, as the first F-16 operating squadron of the Royal Netherlands Air Force. The squadron's task was extended from sole air defense to ground attack as well as air defense.

 

323 Squadron

 


323 Squadron

On June 27, 1948 — with the arrival of the first Gloster Meteor Mk.4 in The Netherlands — the Jachtvliegschool (Fighter Pilot School) was established at Twenthe Air Base. Nr. 1 Jachtvliegsquadron was established on November 15, 1948. On April 14, 1949 this first Dutch squadron operating jet fighters was re-designated 323 Squadron as a result of Western European Union naming conventions. The squadron was moved to Leeuwarden Air Base.In May 1950, 323 Squadron was responsible for weapons instruction for pilots that were recently licensed at Twenthe Air Base. Because of this, the squadron was moved to Twenthe Air Base, though most of the training took place above the North Sea and the aircraft often operated from Leeuwarden.

After a short period, the squadron was moved back to Leeuwarden on April 21, 1952. In 1954 the unit owned eight Meteor F.Mk.8's and four F.Mk.4's, of which the latter only were used to tow targets. During the 1950's the unit owns more than 40 Meteors: Mk.4's, Mk.8's and T.Mk.7's. The T.Mk.7's were not operational and therefore lacked the squadron code Y9.

323 Squadron switched to the Hawker Hunter in 1957 as the last squadron. On October 18, 1957 the unit's first Hunter with 323 registration code made its operational flight. In 1960, the squadron's training task was dropped.

On March 25, 1963 the Squadron's operational task was abandoned, though part of the unit was still used for towing targets until September 1, 1963. The abandonment was a result of the transition to the F-104G Starfighter. On March 17, 1964, the unit was reactivated after the arrival of the first six F-104's at Leeuwarden Air Base. 323 Squadron was the first European unit to fire the F-104's gun. Once all squadrons were operational on the F-104, the conversion flight at Twenthe Air Base was split up: one part was moved to Volkel Air Base as CAV and the other part was moved to Leeuwarden Air Base as Transitie Conversie Afdeling. TCA was integrated into 323 Squadron. In early 1978 the TCA was deactivated and would remain inactive until the introduction of the F-16.

On September 1, 1981, 323 Squadron was reactivated after it was deactivated for a brief period to allow transition to the F-16 and declared operational on April 2, 1982. In 1986, 323 Squadron was again integrated with the Transitie Conversie Afdeling (TCA, Transition Conversion Section), a unit responsible for the training of recently F-16 licensed pilots.

On July 3, 1992, 323 Squadron was re-designated 323 TACTESS Squadron. TACTESS stands for Tactical Training Evaluation and Standardization Squadron (Tactische Training Evaluatie en Standaardisatie Squadron).

The squadron consisted of 4 flights: STAN/EVAL (standardization/evaluation), instruction, tactical training, and a support flight. The squadron offers training for instructors and weapons instructors, also offers ICT (Integrated Combat Training), and sets up exercises like DWIC and DIAWACS. The squadron remains fully operational.


Flights  equipped with the F-104 Starfighter

Dutch Masters

 
 
 
 
 


Dutch Master's, "Operationele Conversie Unit"

With the coming introduction of the Lockheed F-104G Starfighter with the Royal Netherlands Air Force the introduction on the type was done by Waffenschulle 10 at Novernich Germany. As the training at Norvenich was only a introduction to the Lockheed F-104G there was a need for training pilots on the weapon systems and tactics used on the Lockheed F-104G.

For this task the UCO "Operationele Conversie Unit" was formed at Twenthe air base to train the pilots in the two tactical tasked of the Lockheed F-104 , Air defence and Fighter bomber attack in April 1963.

As pilots came to the unit from Norvenich the first two Lockheed TF-104G arrived at Twenthe Air Base making this the first Lockheed TF-104G in Europe as the German Air Force are using the Lockheed TF-104F at that moment. In this period most of the pilots trained are for 306 squadron, the first Dutch unit to resave the Lockheed F-104G
After a period of training complete squadrons with the introduction of the Lockheed F-104G this comes to a end in 1965 when training of individual is started.

This comes to a end when training is divided over the two Lockheed F-104G operating bases Leeuwarden and Volkel in 1968 and the OCU is deactivated after 5 years.

TCA


TCA "transitie en conversie AWX"

With the adoption of centralised servicing within 322 and 323 squadrons at Leeuwarden, the Lockheed TF-104G were combined into a third unit, the Training en Conversie Afdeling (Training and Conversion Unit), on 1 October 1968.

This function was anglicised, the 'A' now indicating 'All-weather', as the Leeuwarden squadrons where the Royal Netherlands Air Force all-weather intercept squadrons.
 

CAV

 


CAV  "Conversie and All-weather vlucht"

At the same time the Conversie and All-weather vlucht ( Conversion and all weather Flight) CAV combined the Lockheed TF-104G of Volkel's three resident squadrons, 311 and 312,operating in the strike role, and 306 photo-reconnaissance squadron.

Pilots posted to the TCA and CAV where normally ex-NF-5 crew, with a minimum of 500 hours required before conversion to the Starfighter could begin.



 

TTF


TTF  "Target Towing Flight"

The Target Towing Flight was established at Leeuwarden AFB as a flight to train pilots in using the gun in air to air combat. In the beginning a “ flag” was used as a target. The down size of the practise was that only direct hits could be counted. To counter this problem a new system was acquired from France , the Alke Soule target system, in the late 1960’s.
The system consisted in a pod with an integrated winch under the right wing and a dart under the left wing. The dart had an integrated microphone to record the near misses. The program started with the Lockheed F-104G in October 1971 with the first official use of the system. With the introduction of the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon it became clear that the system could not be used on the f-16 and a new system was acquired. At first Lockheed F-104G from the resident squadrons, 322and 323 where used.

With the introduction of the General Dynamics F-16 at Leeuwarden AFB at first some spare aircraft where used and in a later date aircraft from the units from Volkel AFB. In 1984 the last flight was made with a Lockheed F-104G using the Alke Soule target system ending the use of the Lockheed F-104G at Leeuwarden AFB and meaning the end of the Target Towing Flight.
 

UFO

 
 
 
 


UFO means Uit Faserings Onderdeel, Dutch for Phasing-Out Unit.

Back in the summer of 1984, the two last Royal Netherlands Air Force units flying the Lockheed (T)F-104G at Volkel, 312 squadron and the CAV (Conversie All-weather Vlucht) conversion all-weather flight merged into one unit, UFO.

This unit continued to fly the Lockheed F-104G until early November '84, to allow pilots who didn't convert to the F-16, and pilots who had yet to start converting, to keep up their flying skills as long as possible.

UFO was an unofficial name, an initiative by some of the 312 ground-crew, who sprayed the round 312 emblems on the Lockheed F-104Gs and triangular CAV markings on the Lockheed TF-104Gs with orange paint and UFO in black letters early morning after 312 had stood down. Only D-8091 had a triangular UFO emblem as it was assigned to CAV, not 312 by then. The aircraft operated from the Safaripark by then, a long flight line at the centre of the base (a former runway constructed during WWII by the Germans).
 

End of the line

 

 

 
 
 

Whit the introduction in the of the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon in the early eighties the first Lockheed F-104G where transferred to other air forces. The first squadrons to stop flying the Lockheed F-104G where 322 and 323 squadron at Leeuwarden airbase. Followed by the resident squadrons at Volkel airbase. 

In 1984 only 312 squadron was still operational in the Lockheed F-104G this came to an end when the operational flying was ended on June 13 1984. On this day a farewell party was organized in the form of a flypast with eighteen Lockheed F-104G Starfighters. In the following moths some Lockheed F-104G remained operational with the UFO unit. 
With the last group of pilots transferring to Leeuwarden air base for conversion on the General Dynamics F-16 the Lockheed F-104G of the UFO unit where flown to Ypenburg air base for storage and a possible sale.

On November 21 1984 the last operational flight was made after 22 years in service with the Royal Netherlands Air Force .
 
During the last operational years of the Lockheed F-104G with the Royal Netherlands Air Force many airframes where transferred to the air forces of Turkey and Greece.
 
Some Lockheed F-104G remained in the Netherlands for different purposes. These included instructional air frame, tow trainers and for display.

 

Serial Type CN Unit Status Comment PreviousID
D-5702 TF-104G 5702 to Turkey as 5702      
D-5801 TF-104G 5801 to Turkey as 5801      
D-5802 TF-104G 5802 OCU w/o 14-04-1967     
D-5803 TF-104G 5803   Stored Soesterberg   
D-5804 TF-104G 5804   scrapped MLM Soesterberg   
D-5805 TF-104G 5805   Preserved Alberta Aviation Museum   
D-5806 TF-104G 5806   Stored Soesterberg   
D-5807 TF-104G 5807 to Turkey as 5807      
D-5808 TF-104G 5808 to Turkey as 5808      
D-5809 TF-104G 5809 to Turkey as 5809      
D-5810 TF-104G 5810   Stored Everett, WA   
D-5811 TF-104G 5811 CAV w/o 19-12-1975     
D-5812 TF-104G 5812 to Turkey as 5812      
D-5813 TF-104G 5813 to Turkey as 5813      
D-5814 TF-104G 5814 to Turkey as 5814      
D-5815 TF-104G 5815 TCA w/o 12-10-1976     
D-5816 TF-104G 5816 to Turkey as 5816      
D-5817 TF-104G 5817 to Turkey as 5817      
D-6652 F-104G 6652 to Turkey as 6652      
D-6653 F-104G 6653 to Turkey as 6653      
D-6654 F-104G 6654 to Turkey as 6654      
D-6655 F-104G 6655 to Turkey as 6655      
D-6656 F-104G 6656 to Turkey as 6656      
D-6657 F-104G 6657 323sq w/o 09-02-1978     
D-6666 F-104G 6666 to Greece as 6666      
D-6667 F-104G 6667 to Turkey as 6667      
D-6668 F-104G 6668 to Greece as 6668      
D-6669 F-104G 6669 312sq w/o 13-10-1972     
D-6670 F-104G 6670 to Greece as 6670      
D-6671 F-104G 6671 311sq w/o 22-09-1969     
D-6680 F-104G 6680 to Greece as 6680      
D-6681 F-104G 6681 to Greece as 6681      
D-6682 F-104G 6682 312sq w/o 19-08-1974     
D-6683 F-104G 6683 312sq w/o 13-08-1979     
D-6684 F-104G 6684 to Greece as 6684      
D-6685 F-104G 6685 312sq w/o 12-10-1978     
D-6694 F-104G 6694 311sq w/o 04-06-1974     
D-6695 F-104G 6695 to Greece as 6695      
D-6696 F-104G 6696 311sq w/o 13-08-1971     
D-6697 F-104G 6697 to Greece as 6697      
D-6698 F-104G 6698 312sq w/o 02-11-1976     
D-6699 F-104G 6699 to Greece as 6699      
D-6700 F-104G 6700 to Greece as 6700      
D-8013 RF-104G 8013 to Turkey as 8013      
D-8022 F-104G 8022   Preserved Soesterberg museum  
D-8045 F-104G 8045 322sq w/o 17-10-1964     
D-8047 F-104G 8047 311sq w/o 01-12-1981     
D-8048 F-104G 8048   scrapped     
D-8049 F-104G 8049 to Turkey as 8049      
D-8050 F-104G 8050 306sq w/o 05-09-1963     
D-8051 F-104G 8051   scrapped Leeuwarden   
D-8052 RF-104G 8052 to Turkey as 8052      
D-8053 F-104G 8053   Preserved Nieuw Milligen   
D-8057 RF-104G 8057 306sq w/o 200-04-1977     
D-8058 F-104G 8058 to Turkey as 8058      
D-8059 RF-104G 8059 to Turkey as 8059      
D-8060 F-104G 8060 to Turkey as 8060      
D-8061 F-104G 8061   Preserved Aviodrome   
D-8062 F-104G 8062   scrapped Soesterberg   
D-8063 F-104G 8063   Stored Gilze-Rijen   
D-8065 RF-104G 8065 to Turkey as 8065      
D-8066 RF-104G 8066 to Turkey as 8066      
D-8082 F-104G 8082 to Turkey as 8082      
D-8083 F-104G 8083 to Turkey as 8083      
D-8084 F-104G 8084   Stored Gilze-Rijen   
D-8089 F-104G 8089 to Turkey as 8089      
D-8090 F-104G 8090 to Turkey as 8090      
D-8091 F-104G 8091   scrapped    
D-8093 F-104G 8093 to Turkey as 8093      
D-8098 F-104G 8098   Soesterberg     
D-8101 RF-104G 8101 306sq w/o 14-07-1970     
D-8103 RF-104G 8103 306sq w/o 11-10-1983     
D-8104 F-104G 8104 UFO w/o 30-07-1984     
D-8105 RF-104G 8105 to Turkey as 8105      
D-8107 RF-104G 8107 to Turkey as 8107      
D-8109 F-104G 8109 to Turkey as 8109      
D-8110 F-104G 8110 to Turkey as 8110      
D-8112 RF-104G 8112 to Turkey as 8112      
D-8114 F-104G 8114   Preserved Volkel   
D-8115 F-104G 8115 to Turkey as 8115      
D-8117 RF-104G 8117 306sq w/o 09-02-1970     
D-8119 RF-104G 8119 to Turkey as 8119      
D-8120 F-104G 8120 to Turkey as 8120      
D-8121 F-104G 8121 322sq w/o 25-08-1971     
D-8123 RF-104G 8123 306sq w/o 18-01-1968     
D-8125 RF-104G 8125 to Turkey as 8125      
D-8127 RF-104G 8127 to Turkey as 8127      
D-8129 RF-104G 8129 to Turkey as 8129      
D-8131 RF-104G 8131 306sq w/o 20-04-1977     
D-8133 RF-104G 8133 306sq w/o 01-12-1981     
D-8135 RF-104G 8135 306sq w/o 12-07-1965     
D-8138 RF-104G 8138 to Turkey as 8138      
D-8141 RF-104G 8141 306sq w/o 20-03-1975     
D-8143 RF-104G 8143 to Turkey as 8143      
D-8145 RF-104G 8145 to Turkey as 8145      
D-8147 RF-104G 8147 306sq w/o 12-07-1965     
D-8243 F-104G 8243 312sq w/o 25-06-1973     
D-8244 F-104G 8244   Stored Everett, WA   
D-8245 F-104G 8245   Preserved Soesterberg   
D-8256 F-104G 8256   scrapped Cockpit at Volkel   
D-8257 F-104G 8257   scrapped Cockpit at Soesterberg   
D-8258 F-104G 8258   scrapped    
D-8259 F-104G 8259   instr. Airframe Hoofddorp   
D-8260 RF-104G 8260 306sq w/o 12-08-1976     
D-8266 F-104G 8266   scrapped ex Texel airfield  
D-8267 F-104G 8267 311sq w/o 20sep71     
D-8268 F-104G 8268   Preserved Zwolle on pole  
D-8272 F-104G 8272 to Turkey as 8272      
D-8273 RF-104G 8273 to Turkey as 8273      
D-8279 F-104G 8279   Preserved Volkel at gate  
D-8280 F-104G 8280 312sq w/o 01-03-1979     
D-8281 F-104G 8281     schaatsbergen  
D-8282 F-104G 8282   Preserved Woensdrecht   
D-8283 F-104G 8283 312sq w/o 17-12-1974     
D-8286 F-104G 8286 to Turkey as 8286      
D-8288 F-104G 8288 to Turkey as 8288      
D-8293 RF-104G 8293 to Turkey as 8293      
D-8294 F-104G 8294 322/323sq w/o 03-05-1977     
D-8297 F-104G 8297 645sq w/o 14-06-1979     
D-8300 F-104G 8300   Preserved Uithuizen   
D-8304 F-104G 8304 to Turkey as 8304      
D-8308 F-104G 8308 312sq w/o 09-11-1981     
D-8311 RF-104G 8311 to Turkey as 8311      
D-8312 F-104G 8312   Stored Volkel   
D-8318 F-104G 8318   Preserved Leeuwarden   
D-8319 F-104G 8319 to Turkey as 8319      
D-8324 F-104G 8324 to Turkey as 8324      
D-8325 F-104G 8325 322sq w/o 23-03-1972     
D-8326 F-104G 8326   scrapped     
D-8331 F-104G 8331   Preserved Oklahoma, USA   
D-8332 F-104G 8332 312sq w/o 18-01-1973     
D-8336 F-104G 8336 323sq w/o 12-03-1975     
D-8337 F-104G 8337 312sq w/o 12-04-1983     
D-8338 F-104G 8338   Stored Soesterberg   
D-8341 F-104G 8341   w/o 21-11-1978     
D-8342 F-104G 8342 to Turkey as 8342      
D-8343 F-104G 8343 312sq w/o 24-01-1978     

 


 
 

Copyright Karo_aviation.nl | All right reserved | Design by Ronald de Roij